As the flower buds are peeking out and birds are starting to chirp, it’s time to leave those thoughts of snowstorms behind. Spring can be a wonderful time to explore the outdoors or go for a walk around town. Get your family moving together and establish some healthy habits, away from the electronics indoors. We have 5 fun ideas to get you in the mood for the loveliest season of the year.
1. Dust off the sports gear. Find a kick a ball, throw a Frisbee, shoot hoops, whatever sports activity that you and your family enjoy doing.
2. Get dirty in the yard. Mow the grass. Pull weeds. Till flower beds. Replant. Cut back. Find the fun in getting sweaty, and teach your kids how to manage the landscaping while you do it.
3. Explore the outdoors. Hike a trail and check out the plants budding out of the ground.
4. Go to a baseball game. The beginning baseball season is one of the annual markers that warm weather is just around the corner. If you don’t have it in your budget for pricey pro tickets, look into local league games, college, or even high school games to watch.
5. Make Something. Whether you’re experimenting with a new recipe or creating a new craft, making something new will give your kids a sense of satisfaction.
After being cooped up all winter, everyone’s ready for some fresh Spring air. We hope you will step into the warm weather with suggestions of fun activities for the entire family.